Wednesday, October 04, 2006

You know what I really dislike…

When you go to a store and buy merchandise with your debit card. You are required to put in your pin number and approve the purchase. Today I was returning an item because it was not what I needed and I found something that would work better at another store. When I went it they credited my account and said it would take 5-7 business days to show up. WHAT? This same place where I bought this item from took the money from my account the same day when the item was originally purchased. Am I the only person in the world that has a problem with this?

That is first on my list. That and getting the way child support is distributed changed. Every 6-8 months my child support check goes missing. It is not a huge deal. I am lucky enough that I have enough money saved that if I need to dip into savings I can. I don’t blame my ex for this because his paycheck is garnished for the amount every other week. He never even sees the money. I know that I am luckier than most women when it comes to getting child support, but it should not take two weeks from the time they garnish the fund to the time it hits my account to process the payment.

Last on the list for today is pets. Don’t get me wrong I love animals. I love animals so much I adopted another dog…..a puppy to be exact. However, I had to make a tough decision about the other dog we had adopted a while back. She has just become too much for our house. She needed constant supervision and considering that I and my DH work we could not be home 24/7. When she was left alone she would destroy things. We tried crating her and she had accidents everywhere and our house smelled to high heaven. Yesterday, my DH (being the great husband he is) took her to the Humane Society. In talking with them they believe that they can find her a good home. I hate that we had to make the decision, but when she growled and snipped at my kids I was not going to put up with that. Please don’t think badly of me.

2 comments:

Shionge said...

No, we'll usually ask for a refund on the spot as they have no rights to deduct our money straight away.

Hmmm...sorry about the late money coming in again from your Ex. Hang on ya!

I know it pains everyone to send the dog away but I know how it was like as my Mom had a hard time training the dog at home too....*sigh*

Liv said...

Oh, baby, of course they wait 2 weeks to give you your money for child support. That's 14 days of the cash sitting in their bank accts. gathering interest.. Am so glad that I'm not facing garnishment issues. Hang in there! (Don't you picture that poster of the little kitten with his claws firmly planted in the tree every time you hear that phrase??)