Saturday, September 23, 2006

Can't catch a break

My oldest daughter seems to have the worse luck of anybody I know at this point in life. No sooner does she get the all clear from the doctor and urologist than she has a painful bug bite on her left leg. It must have happened last Sunday sometime and just got progressively worse over the last two days. I finally ended up taking her to the doctor because everything I was doing was not helping. So now she is at her Dad’s house and they are treating it with antibiotics and topical prescription cream. I talked to her Dad today and he said that it looks like two fangs have punctured her skin. So now we are thinking it may have been a spider bite of some kind. She has to go back for a follow-up appointment on Wednesday to ensure the infection and swelling is improving.

In addition, I got my court date set for mediation with my ex. He also got the paperwork and was very upset. However, he has been VERY NICE the last couple of times we have had to talk on the phone because I think he knows that he could be in trouble. I don’t know for sure, but I ask for prayers as we are going through this process that we can both be respectful of each other’s opinions and feelings. I also ask for prayers for the best outcome for children. God does answer prayers and I believe that He will see me through this also.

As a bonus, I am including a picture I took this morning of our new kitty. What a sweetie he is. Now if we could just get everyone in a picture at once.

I have decided to run a 10K in November around Thanksgiving. I am really excited, but can’t seem to break a 13 minute mile, which is just barely a jog and only gets me to a 6.25 mile run of 78 minutes. I need to shave about 15 minutes off that time in about 7 weeks to keep up with my husband.

We went to a comedy show last night at the Improv. It featured one of my favorite comedians, Jeff Dunham. He is the ventriloquist that does Jose JalapeƱo, Walter and Peanut. He is such a great comedian and after the week/month/year I have had it was nice to laugh and just feel good.

Lastly, my night ended in my DH and I having a great session of “togetherness” in a place that we probably should not have done that at. However, it was exciting and I am not sure how to handle it because there will be several days that I will be in this place. It was a nice way to spice things up.

Well, that is about all I know. Keep up the good blogging! I am enjoying all the reading.

1 comment:

Shionge said...

Hiya Lisa, hope your daughter will get better soon.

Hmmm..bonding time is great, enjoy and tell us all about it.

Luv
So SHiok