Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Many things today….

Today is my many things post. There are many things that I would like to talk about.

First of all I would like to say that my teeth are very sore. I had an appointment with the orthodontist today and got an adjustment on my lower teeth only. The sad part is that in order to complete this treatment he had to polish and shape a couple of my lower teeth. It didn’t hurt at the time, but now my teeth are screaming. Also, I have these newly created “gaps” in between my teeth so that they can move into place. When a orthodontist or dentist decides they need to use a “polisher” on your teeth you usually think something that will make them shiny and clean looking. However, the sound that comes with using a polisher and the smell of burning teeth is not a fun thing to deal with at 7:30 in the morning.

My second thing to talk about today is the look of my blog. I have decided to change it up and bit and get rid of the ladybug theme for a little while. I want to thank Beth again for the link she gave me for the ladybug template I had before. I still love it, but just was ready for a change. I’m actually getting more and more comfortable with the whole html language that you find in templates. I am also learning that if you do something and you don’t like it you can always fix it. Spacing, headers, graphics, or anything else can be placed and removed with a little patience and time. Let me know what you think of the new layout.

Third topic today is government workers. This is going to be short and sweet. I know that there are probably many out there that are good and competent and do their job well. However, over the last couple of days I have talked to four that are being so difficult that I have literally had to hang up the phone before my head exploded. What is it about government workers (not all…just the ones I have been dealing with) that make it seem like they don’t care about whether or not you get the services you have PAID for?

Fourth, PROJECT RUNWAY is on tonight. I am like a little kid before Christmas. I am anxiously waiting what happens. Someone gets kicked off and I wonder how that will affect the rest of the season….drama, drama, drama. I am so bad about waiting for surprises and I am guilty of searching the internet super highway to see if there are any spoilers out there. Right now it is all guess work, but the guesses are pretty good. I know that there are those out there that do not feel this season is inspired or as good as previous, but I love it….maybe I just love the drama..LOL. I have added a new blog to the right here for those who are interested. It is called Blogging Project Runway (BPR). I love to go here and read what is happening…gives me my fix each week in between shows.

One of my comments asked if I have watched Work Out on Bravo. I have and I have to say that it took seeing the episodes a couple of times before I could safely say that I would be watching the entire season. I have to say that last night watching Jackie interacting with her Mom and her girlfriend was very interesting. When the whole topic of gay marriage came up you could tell that Jackie was torn about what to say to not make the situation worse. I really like Jackie and I think she can do so much better than the lady she is with right now, but it does make for good drama. In addition, who honestly MOONS their boss while their spouse/significant other is around and then wonders why there is a problem. I think that I would fire someone for that behavior…LOL.

I have to say that I am also waiting for an update on my friend’s blog. He is facing a difficult time right now and is being pressured to do something in his life that he does not feel is needed. When I read his words I feel the pain and suffocation that he has in his life. If you have not read his blog you really should check it out. He has an amazing way of writing and it just sucks you into the story.

Well, this is a long enough post for now and I need to get back to work.

Tomorrow I’ll post my thoughts on PR after watching tonight and also give an update on how my workout regimen is going…LOL.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that two of my other blogs….Bookworms and Connections…will be ending. I just don’t have the time that I really want to be able to put into making them something special. Maybe in the fall once the kids are back into the swing of school.

I will still be writing at Ex-Rays, but have not had any good ex stories as of late.

Until then….Blessings,

Lisa

2 comments:

Beth said...

Ouch...I hope your mouth feels better soon.

Yeah I like your new layout. I changed mine again recently. Once you get the hang of doing it..it is fun to change it more often! Looks great.

Liv said...

hey girl, i do like the new do! just think how cool it is (and quite a relief, no?) not to have new ex-ray stories....there's something to be said for being on an even keel! promise to email back soon---have been in the distraction promoting task of painting my kitchen!

be good, liv