Friday, April 21, 2006

Happy Weekend!



Hello fellow bloggers. I bet you all thought that I had fallen off the face of the earth since it has been almost a week since my last post. Well, lucky for you I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, just tripped a little bit getting back here.

This last week has been killer. First and foremost, I live in AZ where at this time of year it is not uncommon to have temps in the 90's or so everyday. This last week I went to turn on my AC in my car for the first time. Now my car is not old by any means, it is a 2003 Toyota Camry with quite a few miles on it because it is our family car. However, we have done all the routine maintenance and such that needs to be done. First rattle out of the box, the air blows, not cold, not hot, but luke warm. This is immediately followed by a loud rattle/buzz from the fan. Ok, not a problem. Still got about 20,000 miles left on the warrenty, so I called the Toyota dealership. Can't get me in until next week.

That was first. Second, my oldest comes home on Tuesday "My head and belly hurt!" This child has been sick more this year than in any previous years. So we head to the doctor on Wednesday praying it is not strep again. Luckily, it is not strep, but it is ear infection. AAGGHH, more anitbotics. Thankfully, she felt well enough to go to school today after two days off and will be going to her Dad's tonight.

Lastly, about a week ago I opened my big mouth and asked a couple of couples if they wanted to do girls night/boys night out this Friday knowing that we would not have kids. Well, they said yes. I am still going to go and will probably have a really good time, but right now I am just not looking forward to it.

As far as the job front goes things are great. I was able to really plow through some stuff today. It always feels good when you leave on a Friday and your desk is clean and your inbox is empty.

I guess I have also been feeling a little depressed lately because of my struggle with trying to lose weight. My trainer has been awesome, but I am just not seeing the scale move. Hopefully my body will eventually stop the fight of trying to hold on to every ounce of fat I have and give me a much needed break. While I am gaining muscle (which I can see and feel, and is awesome) I want that number on the scale to go down, not stay the same and not go up. I think if I could just break into the next ten pounds down (IE from like 154 to 148) would be enough to give me the jump I need to see things through.

Oh well, for now I am going to go enjoy myself and have a drink.

Happy Weekend!

Lisa

No comments: