Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Hello Bloggerland!

Man I have been busy. It has been about four days since my last post. I don't know why it has taken me so long to get back here. However, my life may be busy, but I can assure you it is not exciting...LOL.

My biggest bit of news this week is that I got my braces tightened today. Wowie, it hurts. Not as bad as the first time as I can still eat, but I am starting to feel the pressure. I have clear brackets on the top and metal brackets on the bottom. I get clear ties (i.e. the things that hold the wire in place on the bracket) on the top. However, on the bottom since I have metal brackets I can get colored ties. My daughter was with me the last time and got to choose the color. BRIGHT RED. That was fun, but I wanted something a little less dramatic this time. Since I will only be wearing them for 10-12 months and seeing the Dr. about every 8 weeks that amounts to 5-6 appointments, only 4 of which I get to experiment with COLOR. Therefore, today I got Lilac. I figured it is getting close to Easter and I could use something a little less WOW.

My daughter gets her phase one braces tomorrow. I am so excited because she is going to be having braces the same time as me. Granted she will only have 8 bracket (4 top and 4 bottom) compared to my 28 (+/- a few). I told her we would go get our pictures made to mark the occasion, but probably not until we both are feeling no pain, so in about a week or so. Wish me luck that we don't kill each other with whining about our PAIN.

The other revelation I made this week is that my dear husband is working his body into the ground with his workouts. He has been very cranky and irritable lately and I started watching his food consumption. That man only eats about 1100 calories a day and works out 6 days a week. CRAZY MAN! I talked to a nutritionist and we are going to get him on a better plan.

Let's see, OH I joined eDiets.com. Why do you ask? Well, here is why. I have horrible eating habits. I can stay on a diet if someone elsewhere can tell me what to eat. I am like a robot tell me what to eat, when to eat it and how much and I'll do it. Left to my own devices, I consider chocolate cake a food group. Granted I am not a large lady, but like every woman (you know who you are!!!) I have areas of my body that I would like to see shrink. Since that magic laser on Jimmy Neutron is not an option I guess I have to do it the old fashioned way....diet/exercise. I don't mind exercise so much or diet. But again, tell me when/where/how much and I'll be fine.
Anyway, if you get a chance go and check it out if you are looking for a way to eat better. I am surprised that the food I am eating I actually Enjoy and it is not Chocolate!

Lastly, I have to say that my boss paid me the nicest compliment today. He said that I was doing a great job and that he was so happy with my performance. That was just out of the blue. It was great to hear and made me want to work all the much harder for him. Then he hit me with a project. Oh well, flattery will get you.....EVERYWHERE!!! lol

Have a great week!

Latibug

PS....Did you see my newest present to ME.....click here!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

That's neat that you and your daughter will have your braces at the same time. I'm sure that it will help her get through it too.

~Crystal~ said...

I totally agree! People don't realize the value of compliments.