Friday, November 17, 2006

A Friday

Here it is Friday afternoon and I am sitting here with nothing to do this afternoon at work. I would really like to take the rest of the day off, but I can’t do that as I will be taking most of next week off. I am once again heading out of time, hopefully for the last time this year. This last month has been a series of trips and I am thankful that this weekend is going to be spent at home. We do have a wedding to attend on Saturday and church on Sunday, but other than that, things should be pretty quiet here.

This next week we are going to be going to my parents’ house for Thanksgiving. I have to say that next to Christmas, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I am looking forward to getting to see my family. My children will be with their Dad, but my DH and I will be headed back. I’ll get to see family that I haven’t seen in a while. My cousin, who just got married in July, will be there with her new spouse. She is expecting her first baby in April/May and I am so excited to see her pregnant.

This next week is also that same time that we have our second mediation scheduled. Continue to pray for me and my ex….I bet you never thought that I would ask for prayers for him. I just pray that we can work together for the betterment of our children. Sometimes I wonder how much hurt we are trying to cause each other by putting the kids in the middle.

This next Thursday is my fourth wedding anniversary. Yes, Ladies and Gents we survived four years of marriage. Sometimes I wonder how, but we did. It kind of stinks that it falls on Thanksgiving this year, but you know it is OK because we will be together with family and friends. He and I are going out to celebrate tonight with fondue and drinks. I am so excited, but I am also still full from lunch. Not sure how I am going to stuff all the extra food in me. I’m sure I’ll find room somewhere…LOL.

Other than that…things are going well here. I am happy in my job, my family life is good, marriage is rocking and everyone is pretty well and happy.

Talk soon!

Lisa

No comments: