Friday, November 17, 2006

Some Christmas Shopping Done…..

Well, I am no longer a slacker…at least not in regards to Christmas shopping. Yesterday I went online and purchase a few gifts for my children, my family and a couple for my DH.

My oldest daughter wants to re-vamp her bedroom. We were thinking of trying to move into a new home soon, but it is looking like we will stay where we are and just re-vamp what we have. My oldest wants to do brighter colors in her room and polka dots on the walls. I am fine with that, but she has a loft bed and I really want to make sure it is all done right to fit with that motif. I think that I can get something together before Christmas, but maybe not.

My youngest now wants her room to be purple. I don’t know what color of purple yet, but needless to say she wants a change also. She too has a loft bed, which I love because it gives them tons more space, but I hate at the same time.

This next year is going to focus on getting my house in the shape/order I really want it to be in. It is going to mean major yard work, painting and new flooring. I know my DH will have a fit, but I am tired of living in the place we have. I want organization, beautification, and masterfully decorated rooms. I am not good at getting that….but with some help I could be.

This year for Christmas he and I are taking the easy route. I don’t want to fight the crowds and he doesn’t either. Therefore, most of the shopping will be done online, from the girls big “Santa” gifts to the necklace I bought for my mother. My grandparents will get baskets of nuts and dried fruits (what do you get for someone who has everything under the sun). My brother and I agreed to just buy for the kids, which is fine by me. I got his little girl to new books for her sit and play laptop and a sit and spin zebra from Playskol (I think).

I am so glad that I am almost done. I even got myself a little early present……The POSTSECRET book….if you don’t have it you should.

No comments: