Friday, November 17, 2006

Movies/TV/Other Entertainment

I am not one to sit around and watch a ton of TV. I usually get home, start some sort of dinner or house cleaning, help kids with their homework and by the time they are getting ready for bed I am pooped out. This usually does not include walking the dog or sorting though the mail. On the rare occasion that I take the time to watch TV during the week it is most assuredly going to be a movie of some sort. Last count we had about 350 DVD titles in our collection. Needless to say I can usually find something to watch. In addition to this we have Netflix rental service. We get 5 movies at a time (2 for him, 2 for me and one for our kids).

The last couple that I have gotten from Netflix has actually gotten me to the point where I want to get home at night and want to watch TV. The last set of DVD’s that I got from Netflix was the HBO Original series Big Love. It is about a polygamist in UT that has three wives. It is really good and not at all like I thought it was going to be. I am glad that I am watching it because I know it may not be truthful on how life like that is really like, but it is a good drama. Plus it has two of my favorite actresses (Ginnfer Goodwin and Jeanee Tripplehorn).

My other vice when it comes to TV is Project Runway on Bravo. The final episode aired several weeks ago and I am dying for a new season. I know that we probably won’t get a new season until middle of next year, but I really want to see some new footage now. I know…whine away. I have been trying to keep up with Top Chef (produced and created by the same people as Project Runway), but just can’t seem to get into it this season. I don’t know why, but it really stinks that I can’t get emotionally attached to any of these people.

Oh well, better things to spend my time on….like teaching myself how to knit. Yes, I have joined the knitting world. I don’t know why. I really am not that good at it, but it is a lot of fun.

Well, I’m off to see my DH and get some yummy fondue.

1 comment:

Shionge said...

Heee...like you I've my plates full too and hey, knitting? I'm lousy when it comes to knitting...hope you have fun.