Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving






It is almost time to have that big Thanksgiving Feast again. I love Thanksgiving. It is probably my favorite holiday after Christmas. Don’t get me wrong I love Easter, I love Halloween and I even love the 4th of July, but Thanksgiving is just a great holiday to me. I mean you have the opportunity to get together with family, friends and loved ones and eat until you are full the gills….is there anything better than that?

This year I will be spending Thanksgiving with my DH at my parents’ house. It is a 10 hour drive and we are leaving tomorrow afternoon to get there at a decent hour. I am really looking forward to this trip. It is really the first time we will be with my parents for any length of time without kids. The kids will be with their Dad this year and even though I know that it will be hard on him because they really don’t want to be there, I really feel like he needs this holiday to try and reconnect with his children. Whether he chooses to do that or not is his choice, but I pray that he is able to reconnect and establish a better bond with them than he has right now.

I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving Day because we will be going to my aunts home. Her two daughter will be there with their children that we rarely get to see. In addition, my youngest cousin will be there and she just got married this last summer and is already expecting her first child in April/May. I am so excited to see her and meet her husband. It should be a great time of laughter and thanksgiving. My grandparents will be there and my Papa is getting older and I always think that this is the last year we will be able to spend with him. I pray that he is able to live to the ripe old age of 100+, but I know that when his time comes he will be ready to go. He is such a gentle sprit and I love him so much.

Take a moment over the next few days and tell those around you that you love just how thankful you are that they are in your life. Tell them how much you appreciate all that they do for you. Take the time to Thank God for all of the blessings he has placed in your life and even all the struggles you have endured over the past year. Ask him to continue to bless your family and remember that even in struggles He is there carrying you on and holding you up.

Blessings,
Lisa

1 comment:

Shionge said...

We do not have Thanksgiving here in Singapore but I think this is a wonderful tradition.

Happy Thanksgiving Lisa and have a happy holiday. Thanks for sharing too.

Luv
Shionge