Friday, January 05, 2007

Seemed like a short week

For some reason I keep thinking that today is Tuesday. I think it is because on Wednesday this week I took the day off to go and pick up my girls from my parents in NM. I think that because of that and coming back to work on Thursday my internal clock is all out of whack. I am hoping that a long rest over the weekend will be just what the doctor ordered?

It is rainy and cold here today. AZ doesn’t get that much rain, but when we do in the winter is usually turns cold. You have to remember also that cold to those of us who live in AZ is about 55-60 degrees. I know we are real wimps.

Today was my first day back at the gym in over two months. The last time I went was before Thanksgiving. It felt really good to get out there and work out some built up frustration. One of my New Year’s resolutions was to get to the gym 2-3 times a week. If I can do that, then I will be happy. I’m not setting a weight loss goal for myself. I’m going to start small and work my way up. I figure if I can just get to the gym that is better than nothing.

Another resolution I made was to blog at least 2-3 times a week. (2-3 seems to be my number this year). I am sure there will be days when I won’t feel like writing anything, but I feel guilty going and reading so many great blogs and not contributing back with something of my own to be read by others.

4th Avenue Blues has become my new favorite blog. I check back there many times a day to see if Andrew has written anything new. He is a great writer and just recently got a new camera for Christmas and has been posting some great pictures and videos. I have to say he has the cutest little dog. He better be careful or I’m going to come snatch her away….just kidding!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I’ll see you on the flip side of Sunday!

Lisa

4 comments:

Shionge said...

Hiya Lisa, great job at the gym and yes think of exercising as achieving a healthier you and also to gain extra mileage to be fitter :D

Yay! Blog more so that I know more about you :D

have a great weekend Lisa!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous that you are making your way back to the gym. I love to jog..and since the winter has hit...just don't find many days I feel like getting out in it! Hopefully I can get a treadmill soon!

Andrew said...

Lisa,

Thanks so much for your kind words. I check you often as well hoping you have written. I love your attitude about the world and life in general. You are an inspiration. Take care and enjoy your Sunday.

Andrew

Angel said...

Well, hello Ladybug! Nice to "meet" you. If you do read my blog then you know I'm from Mesa... ok, long story but I lived in Arizona 15 years... all over the place. Mostly in Mesa though.

I can't wait to read more of your blog! Thanks for de-lurking!

Happy new year and I hope you can blog 2-3 times a week. I love reading blogs and love new updates.