Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Shopping Day

Today was a shopping day for me. Unfortunately, I am not one of the lucky Moms out there that can shop during the day while the kids are in school, or the hubby is at work. I am a working Mom. Not that I have a thing against stay at home mom (SAHMs). I think they are great and I give them so much credit because I know I couldn’t do it. However, I sometimes feel that I have two full time jobs my work job that pays the bills and keeps the heat on and then my MOM job, cleaning house, doing laundry and so forth. This job sometimes takes more time and effort than my normal 8-5 job.

So today was a shopping day for me. Usually on Tuesdays I can get out on my lunch hour and hit one of the big box stores (Wal-Mart, Target, etc) and pick up those things that do not require refrigeration. The dog needed food, the cats needed food, my kids needed food, and I am sure hubby would enjoy some nourishment as well. So I head to Wal-Mart, and I learned a very valuable lesson today do not go there without a list. You will spend more than you intend to and you will feel guilty.

As I was browsing the pet aisle looking for dog treats and cat food I saw this huge water container. One of my biggest pet peeves about having three animals is always having to refresh the water bowl. When it gets empty our baby cat will find his way into the bowl and sit there for hours. So I bought gigantic water container. New treats for the dog because the ones they usually have are gone…

$100 later and I leave Wal-Mart.

Now here is my MasterCard commercial moment

New Dog Treats ……………. $7
New Container for Cat Food …….$15
New Water Bowl for Pets……….$28
Not having to change the water everyday……………priceless.

This new little water thing is really cool and now I will only have to change/refill the bowl every two-three days. I have posted a picture here of what I bought….it is great.




Well, DramaMama asked me to post more and believe me I am trying…but my life is pretty boring. Other than writing about trying to find the perfect purse or how badly my kitchen smells because nobody bothered to rinse out their cereal dish…I live a pretty mundane life….well except for that spicy affair I have twice a year with the Italian love god…LOL…j/k.

2 comments:

Angel said...

We used to have 3 dogs. I know how the water thing goes! My SIL has 3 dogs and she has that same water container. But she has well water and never really rinses out the water dish so it's full of residue from the water. YUCK!

Now, I know how awful AZ water is so unless you have a good filtration system in your house, you'll probably want to wash out that water bowl once a week or so. Just a suggestion... from experience! LOL!

Shionge said...

This is so awesome.....haven't seen anything like this at all :D