Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas is almost here….

I am so happy. I love this time of year. I can’t believe Christmas is only about a week away. I am completely done with my shopping. I just have tons of wrapping to do. Thankfully this next week there are no big events to go to. I am worn out from all of the different activates we have had going on the last week.

Last night my oldest was in a Christmas play for our church. She did so well. She now has the acting bug and I’m sure one day will tell me that she is going away to NY and is going to be a Broadway star!!! After her play we met a friend at the symphony hall to see the Nutcracker. I had never seen it before and neither had my daughter. This was a new arrangement and it was really good. While we were getting ready to see the show people were coming and going to their seats. About 5 minutes before the show started some people were walking down our aisle and I was like please don’t need to go in front of us. I look up and it is a friend of mine that I haven’t seen in months. Her and her fiancé were there and their seats were right next to ours. It was so amazing in a crowd of 1000+ that she and I would have seats next to each other. My daughter was so taking aback by the ballet. She bought a pic with The Sugar Plum fairy and also bought a nutcracker. She says she wants to start collecting them. Needless to say it was a long night and I was glad to get home and get into bed.

Today we will hit the late service at church and probably just chill at the house. My house and yard are all ready for my parents to show up next week. My laundry is almost completely done. The house doesn’t smell like dogs or cats. I am very happy with the way things are right now in my home. Granted it took a couple of weeks to get there, but it is totally worth it. Now just keeping it that way is going to be the challenge.

I have some baking to do today and need to do some grocery shopping. I think my cupboards are bare, but I don’t want to buy too much because I will have to make more room this next week when it is time to buy for the Christmas dinner.

It really is the “most wonderful time of the year”

Blessings,
Lisa

1 comment:

Shionge said...

It is a small world indeed and it seems like you are having a great time :D