Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas



Merry Christmas. Tonight is the night that Santa comes to visit all the children of the world. How exciting.

As I think back on the many Christmas memories I have as a child I remember one very well. Ie as probably 8-9 years old and was starting to doubt that Santa was real. In fact that night I had heard my parents in the hall after we had gone to bed moving things around that were no doubt our presents. Anyway, I remember my heart breaking because to me the magic was over. I waited until all was quite out side because I wanted to see what we had gotten for Christmas. I snuck out to the living room and saw him....Santa was standing in my living room. I was so shocked that I just stood there and hid behind the divider wall in our kitchen. I was sure that if he saw me he would not leave me any presents so I snuck back to my room and went to sleep. After that year, I have always believed in Santa. Even now, when I see my kids starting to doubt the image of Santa I know that he is real.

For some he is the person that brings them unexpected gifts, food or other needs. For others, he is a warm place to sleep on a cold night. For me, Santa is hope. He is hope for all the good things that are still alive in the world that many people have forgotten about. Santa is all of the laughs and tears that are shared during this season.

I hope you all still believe in Santa and he is able to grant your Christmas wish. Whatever that maybe....

Blessings and

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

Flamingos & Flip Flops said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Enjoy the season.

Andrew said...

Merry Christmas!!! I hope you and the kids are having a wonderful day today.

Shionge said...

Happy Boxing Day Lisa! Thank you for the lovely Arizona Bell & Spoon. What is that symbol on the bell, it is so unique!

Have a happy holiday my dear friend :D Appreciate your gesture :D