Sunday, December 10, 2006

From Cabbage Patch to iPod

It’s funny how much of a difference a year can make in what a child wants for Christmas. Last year I was browsing the Barbie and Cabbage Patch aisles looking for two of everything. This year I’m mostly ordering from the Apple iPod store for my oldest. Last year she wanted all things Cabbage Patch. She had asked for a new crib, a high chair and stroller. This year she wants CD’s, iPod gadgets and things that I can’t even find. It makes me a little sad that she is getting to the point that Santa is no longer real. Her friends have pretty much told her the “secret” and I just can’t fathom how I will be able to handle Christmas once she no longer believes.

I am thankful that my youngest still believes, but she is a pretty smart cookie and it won’t be too long before she is over the whole Santa idea also. I’m sure the divorce has not helped in this regard. Having Santa come to two different homes and bring two different sets of “Santa” presents is probably hard to understand. I just pray that when they get older they are able to find great Christmas memories that will be fun for them to share with their family and friends.

I am happy to say that I have completed all of my Christmas shopping. I finally finished yesterday. I guess I’m not really done because I still have a few small things to buy, but for the most part all of the big stuff is done. I am so happy that I don’t have to fight the crowds any longer.

Well, I need to go and get my day started. Loads to do today.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Lisa

1 comment:

Shionge said...

Thanks for the update and you are so right that just how fast our children outgrown their toys :D

So happy for you coz you have finished your xmas shopping, I am only one quarter through.

Luv Ya!