Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Rest of the Story.....

I wake up on Saturday morning around 9 am relishing in the knowledge that my dear husband and I do not have children until at least 4 pm that afternoon. I plan to make the most of it. I roll over in bed to hug and kiss my dear one awake and find an empty spot. He was supposed to be there sound asleep after getting in from his trip at 11:30 the night before.

A little worried, I get up thinking that I know he must be here. Sure enough he is in his man cave (basically the den with all his "man" stuff). My heart leaps because I haven't seen him in about 36 hours. Anyway, I run and give him a huge hug and then we proceed to get ready for the day.

About the time we have both showered, changed and brushed our teeth I feel hungry. So, we have breakfast for lunch at the local Village Inn. Now mind you, we live in a sub-burb of Phoenix, AZ and this is the mid/end of winter so every blue hair that has a car/rv/place to stay here has migrated to the great state of AZ. Most of the time I don't mind this because the influx of people is great for the economy and overall I usually don't hang out where retired persons do.

So, we get to Village Inn around 11:30 with our tummy's rumbling and mouths ready for some food. I won't say that it was invasion of the blue-hairs by any means, but it was pretty crowded with those of age 65 or older. It didn't take long to get seated, but my hubby and I by far brought the median age down to about 58..LOL.

Anyway, we get there and get our food and I am already looking forward to pie. The one reason I love this place is that they have the best French Silk pie. Great whipped cream topping, great chocolate filling and HUGE shavings of chocolate. If there was a perfect pie, this would be it. Anyway, eyes being bigger than my tummy left me shy of being able to order pie with my breakfast. Good thing we have a Chili Cookoff at our church tonight.

So, we head out to do some grocery shopping and some other errands. We get home and I decide that I am going to do the taxes before we leave. Now granted it is 2:30 in the afternoon and the Chili Cookoff is not until 5 pm. So I have time. I get started and then find out that I need to gather a bunch of information from last year. For the last 7 years I have been doing my taxes on TaxCut on the computer. I love it and will never change unless a program that can do the taxes for me is invented. So, I dig through some things and then realize that I need to add up medical, dental and prescription drug coverage for my family. OK, I'll add it up...to the checkbook I go....thankfully this is also on the computer...in EXCEL. I figure a quick search/find will do it. Folks, I spent more time on that than actually inputting the figures for my taxes.

OK, 4:00 rolls around and for the first time in his life the ex decides to bring the girls home on time. I have just pressed the button that says "Click here to file electronically" within the program. YEAH! Now I get to see my kids and the taxes are done......NOPE they are not done....You have one error in your tax form...click...click ....click...done. "Click her to file electronically" You have an error in your tax form.....another round of clicks and I think I have it....NOPE...you have ONE warning....you are not required to fix warnings but please verify the information...K...Click Click Click...DONE...NOPE now you have to print the forms for your records....COME ON......I have Chili that needs to be eaten...I have pies calling my name...I need to be where the FOOD is....58 pages later and half a small forest killed...the TAXES ARE DONE!

The cookoff was great...great food great fellowship great everything. Today was spent doing some other things that 1) can't be mentioned on the internet and 2) that will require a post tomorrow.

Happy Evening!
Lisa