Sunday, March 12, 2006

For Some Reason....

I am headed into the dark hole of depression again. I can feel it slowly taking over my brain and body. Yesterday afternoon I could feel it coming on again. I don't really have one incident to say triggered it, but I can feel it coming on again.

I hate that feeling of darkness that come with depression. Even mild depression. I am wondering if I need to go back to my doctor and get a new prescription for anti-depressants. I was taking them pretty faithfully until about 3 months ago. Since then things have slowly started to go back to the way they were before with little things setting me off either on a tirade or an emotional roller coaster that just never seems to end.

I think that I need to talk to someone about this. I think if I don't it will not be good.

Pray that I can figure this out and not have guilt about the decision I make.

Latibug

4 comments:

Beth said...

Sorry to hear you have been struggling. Hope you have a good week.
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if th ere be any praise, think on these things.
Just try to keep good and positive thought:-)

Nicki said...

Lisa,
I was about to post the same scripture that Beth posted. Bury yourself in all of those things. Bury yourself in God's Word. I know how hard it can be when our mind becomes clouded with depression. We have to work dilligently in keeping our focus and not allow the depression to envelope us. Remember that if we go to Him with it, He will give us rest.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

Trina said...

I am sorry to hear that you are battling this. The first scripture from Beth was also on another blog. So this is my second time to read this this morning, God must know I need to be reminded of it as well. I hope that both scriptures can bring you some comfort. I will be back to check on you so keep us all posted.

momto3blessings said...

I hope you are doing ok! I am praying for you! I was just thinking of the same scripture Nicki posted. I hope you can find some comfort in the scripture.