Wednesday, March 01, 2006

One more day....

of my Big Girl being out of school because of Strep Throat. She needs one more day of rest and I need one more day of rest...not really, but it would be nice.

I was able to take her to work with me today. Thankfully I have a great boss and work for a small company that this isn't really an issue, but I do thank God everyday for the ability to have a flexible schedule. She is about 89% and needs just one more day to gain the rest of that strength. My dear husband took off Tuesday off to be with her and I was off with her on Monday. Then today she went to work with me, which both of the girls always get a kick out of when they get that treat.

She was really good and quiet and I think that is why my boss doesn't mind her being there. I would never take Little Girl to the office if she was sick. She and I would stay home, but Big Girl is such a great kid. She watches her movies on her little DVD player and rests in the corner of my office on her little pallet of blankets. I love hearing her snore or laugh at a funny part.

I was able to talk to her teacher today about her homework. She said not to worry, but she would send some stuff home with Little Girl (same school, different grade) so that Big Girl could work on it if she wanted, but she didn't have to. I have to say that Big Girl was excited to get some homework.

So tomorrow, I am going to brave it again with her at the office. The boss doesn't know yet, but he will have to just get used to it because I can be there with her and work or be home and not get anything done. HHHMMM...wonder what he would like to have done?

Have a great night,
Latibug.....

PS...why is it that when there are piles of laundry, a dirty kitchen and dishes in the washer...nobody but MOM will make sure that they are done?

1 comment:

Nicki said...

I'm happy to hear that she is feeling better. :)