Saturday, March 11, 2006

I joined a Gym

Why did I join a gym? Well, there are several reasons that I joined. One is that I was working out on a real consistent basis until right before Thanksgiving, however, I let the holidays get in the way and never went back to my old gym. Second, my old gym has become crowded and over used. My DH still goes there, but the last time I went I didn't think it was a nice as last time. Lastly, when I get home at night I don't want to pack up and head out to the gym. I want to hang with my girls.

So, I joined a gym that is close to my workplace. Less than 5 minutes away there are workout machines, a pool, sauna, steam room, and a bunch of other stuff that was really overwhelming to me when I took my tour this last week. I am really excited because this place offers lots of different classes including an spinning class, which I am a little afraid to take, but will just to say that I have done it.

Here's the kicker, my boss is also a member of this same gym. Luckily for me, he works out early in the morning. However, being members of the same gym, I know that we will run into each other at some point. Now, I don't mind having my boss going to the same gym as me 1) because he was there first, and 2) I don't think we will see each other that much, if ever. However, I just would feel weird working out knowing that he is there. Now, don't get me wrong I am not a good looking women, by my standards, but just the fact that someone I know is there and may critique my workout. I know, I know....very silly.

Well, my DH was supposed to go hiking today, but there is RAIN here.....there has not been rain in 143 days so this is a much needed break from the sunshine and cloudless days. Anyway, DH was supposed to go hiking with a bunch of church fellows, but since it is cold and rainy they decided to postpone the hike. I mean, next weekend it won't be raining...this is Phoenix, not Seattle...LOL.

So I am going back for my second day at the gym. Today at 9:35 I am going to do a body pump class. I am excited because it is strength and aerobic training all in one class. After that, I have a date with an old friend of mine for lunch with her and her one year old daughter. I think I am going to take my family along for support. While I love this friend she is even more of a 1/2 empty kind of person than I am. I mean everything with this girl is Bad BAD BAD. Love her, but need emotional support to be around her. She is also the kind of person who will suck you dry if allowed.

So that is my day in a nutshell. I am really excited. It is going to be a good day.

Latibug

PS My kids are with me today. Little Girl slept from 6 pm last night to about 6:30 this morning....wonder if she may be getting sick. Big Girl had a sleep over with a good friend last night. Now they are doing karaoke...see pic below.....my own American Idols.....LOL


1 comment:

Nicki said...

Good for you! That's great that you are so dedicated to working out. Me? Negatory on the workout dedication. LOL!

Looks like the girls were having fun doing their karaoke! :)