Sunday, March 05, 2006

You pick it...I stick it...




You pick it...I stick it...

Remember that line from Son In Law when Pauly Shore's character (Crawl) is going with Carla Gugino character (Rebecca) to the tattoo parlor because she is breaking out of her shell. Well, take that tattoo guy in that movie, add about 10 years and that was the guy that did this (see below) to me and hubby on Friday night.


Why would I do this, you may ask...well, this is not my first tattoo. You see about 5 years ago when my divorce was final and I learned that my ex had been cheating on me I decided that I need to do something drastic. I do not know why this stressful times in our lives make us do silly things, but we do. When I was divorced about 5 years ago I got another ladybug (see below) on my left ankle. Why my left ankle and why a ladybug you ask..I don't know...I was just at the parlor and saw a ladybug and thought it was cute and SMALL.

So what has changed since then????? Well, I guess that my dear husband saying that he wanted one and then actually going to the tattoo parlor made me what to get another one. I can safely say that it is a good thing that there is only one lower back because I would never get that area done again. It hurt really badly, but I love the work and the artist who did it was GREAT!

Anyway, telling my Mom and a few people at our church was fun. There are differing opinions on what should/should not be allowed on one's body. There was also a lot of discussion on what Christ would say about my choice to express myself...well, I say...this is between me and God and others just need to keep their opinions/judgments to themselves....snicker!!!!

Anyway the rest of the weekend was busy. We had a birthday party today for my husband's sister's second child...yes my nephew, but there is not enough time/space for that whole explanation. It was a good time...and it was nice to see his parents and the rest of the local family...however, I am glad to be back at my home.

Here is a pic of the birthday boy blowing out his candles. Regardless of how they come to us...I love these kids...even if their home life is not as good as it should be...I still love them to death...

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Latibug!

1 comment:

Annabel said...

I think it's great that you got another tattoo. I got my first and only tattoo on my first wedding anniversary. It was a gift from my then husband. I have a marvin the martian on my right shoulder blade. I have been seriously contemplating a second tattoo and am thinking of getting one right after I am confirmed in the Catholic Church. I want to get a dove on my ankle. I just haven't figured out a design that I really like yet.