Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Well I feel like an idiot....

Ok, so here's the deal. I have this Vegas trip that I have been planning with a few of my friends for a little while now. It is scheduled for the 24-26 of March. Well, in all my excitement I forgot that is also the weekend that starts my parents spring break.

Now there was no confirmation of them coming out to our house for spring break, but I didn't think about this at the time. I have never been to Vegas before. So I was just excited at the prospect.

Well, my parents call tonight and ask if they can come down for the weekend starting March 25th. Sure I tell them not thinking about the fact that I won't be here. So fast forward an hour or so later and I am marking up my planner. Low and behold in big RED letters is VEGAS! Oh NO, I start to cry. Now I am in a real rock/hard place situation because:

1) I really want to see my parents and I don't want to have to call and say Sorry guys, but I am out of town that weekend

2) I really don't want to disappoint my friends and I have already paid for the hotel, flight etc....so now what....

Ok, I'll call my parents and tell them that I am going to be out of town, but to come and see the girls and my hubby. Now hubby doesn't really like to be alone with my folks and I don't blame him. For some reason, my folks seem to think that he treats the kids differently and that he should do this or that instead of this or that. Anyway, DH (dear hubby) doesn't want to be alone with them. So I am on the phone and my Dad say I don't know how to unbook a flight that is already booked. I say I don't want you to change your plans, but just realize that I can't be here for a little while, but come enjoy the grandkids and have fun and I'll see you when I get back. Well, we are coming to see you also, not just them....(they always say this, but it is really the kids they want to see, DH and I are a necessary evil, or that is how we feel).....so I say I'm really sorry and I feel like an idiot and my Dad says ....well, I need to talk to your mother and we willc call you tomorrow....I can hear my mother in the background....Blah blah Blah...like she always does...like the person on the phone is her own personal puppet and they should say all the things that she won't get on the phone and say herself.....

Anyway, I am now here blogging about this issue...I called one of my friends that I am going to Vegas with and she said that I just need to do what feels right...and not be guilted into either....I don't know...what to do......

HELP!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Oh, that is a hard situation to be in. Maybe they can come the next weekend or sometime through the week?