Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Drinks on Me!


Everyday Sonic Drive In has a happy hour special – ½ price drinks from 2 to 5 in the afternoon. Now while I’m not usually out and about during those hours I have on occasion snuck (as in walk right out in front of my boss) and partook of a Route 44 oz Iced Tea (no lemon) please from my favorite drink spot in the whole world….Sonic.

Well, today was especially a rough day…I don’t know why, but I just didn’t want to wake up this morning and when I finally did everything that could go wrong…did…so when 2 pm rolled around I made my way out the front door and to the drive through….and wham bam thank you ma’am I had a fresh 44oz Iced Tea….no…Root Beer….wtf? I know I ordered Iced Tea and I can’t stand Root Beer…back to the drive in….guess what…I got a free drink card good for 10 free drinks…because they screwed up….SWEET….Drinks on Me!

8 comments:

Erin said...

You go girl! Have one for me :) Except, throw some alcohol in it to make it really special, lol.

lioux said...

½ price drinks?

Does Sonic®™©™ have martinis?

Lisa said...

I wish they had martinis....unfortunately they don't...but I can get you a cherry limeade and throw some tequila in it...LOL

lioux said...

Mmmm.

Flamingos & Flip Flops said...

So jealous... the closest Sonic to us is over an hour away... Have a slush for me!

Lisa said...

OK...Amy I will have a slushie for you...what flavor?

Flamingos & Flip Flops said...

Surprise me... just not cherry - too ordinary!

AVCr8teur said...

I keep seeing Sonic commercials on tv enticing customers to try their food, but there isn't one 50 miles from where I live. Geez, don't get me started.