Monday, April 09, 2007

I’m BACK!!!!


Did you miss me? Come on I know you did….admit it. You’ve been waiting with bated breath for me to return and tell you…….that I’M BACK! Well, probably not, but your going to get it anyway.

My long weekend turned out to be just that LONG. I always seem to get nostalgic for home and start to pine for a simpler life and time with family. Then I go home and after about 48 hours start to realize why I moved 10+ hours away from my family and why I would NEVER consider moving back there…..until another 6 months passes and I am once again struck with the bug to move home…it is all a vicious cycle I tell you….LOL

The party for my grandfather and his new wife went very well. I have to say she is a lovely lady and I can tell that they both love each other very much. I thought I was OK with him getting remarried and back into the swing of that whole game, but it bothered me more than I thought it would seeing him with another woman who wasn’t my grandmother. I was fine through the whole party, but once I was back at my parents house and realized that his is now building a life with someone else it struck me hard. However, I know that he only has a few years left on this earth and if she makes him happy, then so be it….I am the last person who should be passing judgment on him…divorced, pregnant before marriage…does not hold a lot of water in my family as far as opinions go.

Another nice aspect of the party is that I was able to see family that I hadn’t seen in years. My cousins who I remember at perpetually 5 year old are all grown up and some of them have babies of their own. Why in my mind did I still have them pulling my hair and stealing my lip gloss? In fact, one of them has a baby and another on the way…..Man time goes by fast. I have to say that despite all our differences and all the things that we have gone through as a family we are all able to still do one thing well….and that is throw one hell of a party. There was dancing, singing, visiting and most importantly….EATING. Good down home cooking…YUMMY. I think I gained 10 lbs in 2 days.

One thing I have to say is that I am happy to be home. I never thought I would look at AZ with longing, but once that plane touched down and I was on my way home I had to say…YIPPEE.

One bad thing….this was the first Easter with my kids that I didn’t dye eggs or have an Easter Bunny visit….think they will forgive me?


PS….all you lurkers….say hi…I would love to be able to link to your blogs…..

6 comments:

Kagemonsteret said...

Hi:P
Nice blog you have here:)

Kim said...

Lurk Lurk Lurk :)

When I get called out I've gotta speak :)

Hi there!

lioux said...

"Did you miss me? Come on I know you did….admit it. You’ve been waiting with bated breath for me to return and tell you…….that I’M BACK! Well, probably not, but your going to get it anyway.

I think I cried a little one day.

Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Well I didn't know you were gone but after lurking here a while on Blog Explosion...I'm glad you are back safely, uhm and well you probably didn't know but you missed my Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home safe and sound.

As far as your grandfather...like you said, if she makes him happy, then be happy.

Lisa said...

Thanks to all the comments from the newbies...LOVE IT....Just for showing up...you get a free cyber hug...((((newbies)))) and a link on my sidebar...I know...don't go to wild...LOL