Thursday, April 05, 2007

Out of Town AGAIN

Man the months of March and April have been hard on me. I don’t know why I did this to myself, but somehow I have two more trips this month. One is this weekend where I am going to go home to see my family. There is a reception/party for my grandfather and his new wife on Saturday, so I am excited about that.

Then in two weeks I am going to CA with a couple of girlfriends to go to the happiest place on earth. Yes, I know I was just at Disneyland, but I think being there with girlfriends is different. I am excited, but also looking forward to that being the last trip for a bit. There is rumor of a trip to Vegas in July, but I don’t know if my body, mind or soul can take it. I am sure by July I will be recovered, but man I am tired right now.

My house is a wreck. Seems like the suitcases have not been properly put up in about a month. My bedroom looks like a refugee has come through and is fleeing her home land. Clothes, shoes, etc strung about like a mad woman lives there. My bathroom is just gross and my kitchen…I can’t even find my salad bowl chopper thing that is my favorite. Next weekend I will be HOME and I think a little spring cleaning is in order. I can’t take the piles of junk/trash (at least trash to me)/disorder that my house has now.

I have had many a friend come over and say your house is so clean and organized, but they don’t get to look in the closets or under the beds or in the cabinets. My mother and grandmother are the same way…pseudo pack rats. The surface of everything is clean, but underneath and hidden away is junk. Now I usually pride myself on not having a lot of junk. My drawers, closets etc are usually very nicely organized. Sterlite containers are my best friends and I can usually find things I am looking for in under a minute. However, lately it as been a push to just put shit where ever we have room for it at the time.

Right now I am sitting here at work thinking of the piles of crap in my bedroom and knowing that it will be at least a week before I can get to it. I am just tired of all the clutter. I would sign up for one of those clean me up reality shows, but I am afraid that they would laugh at me and say…What…this isn’t junk.

Oh well, at least I get a trip outta town and don’t have to stare at it this week!

BTW…since I won’t be here….


No comments: