Friday, April 27, 2007

My Date with the Lego Man

My most recent trip out of town was with my two best girlfriends. We try and take one to two trips together a year to get away from the family and just be silly. Our last few trips have been to Vegas so we decided to do something a little different this time. We chose to visit the happiest place on earth….Disneyland. Now before you get all excited let me just say that I never thought that the Wonderful World of Disney, pure as the driven snow, could ever EVER be tainted. I always thought that when in Disney you were protected from things like….hangovers, hands on men and throwing up….apparently you are not!

We get to our hotel around 3 pm on Friday night. It is cool and breezy outside and I think to myself (no it’s not a wonderful world) that this is going to suck being at Disneyland on a cold night. We proceed to go over to the hotel restaurant and have a few drinks and burgers. Finally make our way over to Disneyland and ride a few rides and decide that we need some drinks.

Now in California at Disneyland there is a place with a bunch of shops and they call it Downtown Disney. There is everything from the Wide World of Disney store to an AMC movie theatre. And…my new favorite place to visit…Tortilla Joes…where I met the very beautiful very gay very over the top IAN. Love this man more on him in my next posts I promise….Ian proceeds to tell us all about the Hollywood night life and how we should go out with him after his shift. This is one pitcher of Margaritas and two shots of tequila later. WE still have not worked up the courage to go out clubbing with a strange man who waited on us at the restaurant. Two pitcher of margaritas later Ian has now sat down beside me and become my leaning post. He then tells us of all the great stores in Downtown Disney including Something Silver and The Lego Store….which he happens to add has a full life size giraffe and a Darth Vader all made out of Legos. What he fails to mention is the little old man made of Legos on the bench outside of the store.

Three pitchers of margaritas and we have invited Ian to Vegas with us in July. We have exchanged numbers with him and we have pretty much said that he can stay with us anytime anywhere any place as long as he promises to keep the margaritas coming. Four shots later my stomach is starting to rebel and my friends want to go shopping. Seeing that they are not as drunk as I am I ask where they want to go….The Lego Store they say….OK I’ll wait outside on the bench.

About this time, the fireworks in Disneyland start and they make me nauseous. I want to lie down on the bench and wait for my friends…but no…someone is sitting on the bench and they won’t move. “Excusth me…buth can you Pleasth move…I am wasted and I needth to liiieee down!” I say to this man who looks like he is sleeping. He doesn’t responde….HELLO MR! I need to LIIIEEE down beforeth I PUUUKKKEEE on you and your yellow legs….your yellow legs….hahahahahahaha your yellow!” Followed by much pointing and laughing on my part.

Then yes…Ladies and Gents…I proceed to laugh so hard I almost pee my pants…but then I decide this is going to be the only friend I make this weekend that 1) can’t tell anybody about what I have done and 2) will have to listen to me regardless of what I have to say…so I sit on his lap and tell him all the things on my mind…about Ian and how adorable he is and how my family just doesn’t understand me and then I show him my new nose stud which he loves and tells me that I very much have the right type of nose for a piercing….Thank you…my motherth didn’t thinks so…I say.

That is when I kissed him…yes ladies and gents I kissed a big yellow plastic lego man. Full on his plastic lips and then proceeded to nuzzle against his neck and FALL ASLEEP for at least 15 minutes until my friends came out to rescue me. Apparently, MR. Legoman was starting to get a little frisky and fixing to take advantage of me while I was out cold.

I made it back to the hotel room…proceeded to eliminate many margaritas from my body. The next day I had to go visit the lego man again…to get a picture (thank god cameras were left at the hotel the day before) and get my picture taken with him.

Here you go:


3 comments:

Flamingos & Flip Flops said...

That was funny... thanks for the picture, its great to visualize, but better to see!

lioux said...

Awesome. Are you going to see him again?

Erin said...

LOL - OMG - If only someone had a video camera, that would have been hysterical. I'm glad you talked it out with Lego man, he sounds like a great listener!!