Saturday, June 10, 2006

Another weekend.....

Well, another weekend is here. Man am I glad that we get two days a week off. I wish that there were more days in the weekend, but at least I get 48 hours of total bliss away from the stress of the day in day out life I live during the week.

I can't really pinpoint what was the turning point this week, but by Wednesday morning I was ready for the week to be OVER. There was nothing at work, home or with my ex that really stands out to make me feel like the weekend couldn't get here soon enough. However, I really just needed a break.

Luckily for me I am without kids or husband tonight and am planning on dinner and drinks with two really good friends. My oldest DD (dear daughter) is at a birthday party sleep over. My youngest DD and husband are at a company BBQ for his work that he told me I didn't have to go to. I am so glad, because the way that my DH (dear husband) talks about his co-workers I am not sure I could be there and not have an opinion to share...you know.

I also went to my therapist this week with my husband. It was great because we were able to really get down to some issues that we are dealing with right now with both the girls. In addition, I was able to let him know that I really do appreciate him as a husband and father. We were able to lay out the issues we have with the ex right now and hopefully are on the same page as to what needs to happen next.

I ended up canceling the appointment with the lawyer because I was able to come to the decision that I am going to ask the court to order mediation. If they allow it, then the ex has to come to a room and listen to my issues and I have to listen to his, but at least we have a neutral third party to let us both know that we have valid points. Other than that, I just don't know that I am ready to take on the decision to pursue court action.

Lately, I have been spending a lot of time surfing through several different blogs on Blogger and a few other sites. What amazes me is how well some people write and how raw the emotions can be in regards to their lives. What amazes me even more is the fact that many of these people are so open about the different issues that they have been going through and are open to comments and the comments that they get are also so raw. I really appreciate those out there that are able to really open up and show their soul. It gives me encouragement to keep coming here and keep writing and keep posting....even when I don't feel like it.

Well, that is about it. I need to get up and moving to get out the door.

Have a blessed weekend!

Lisa

1 comment:

~Crystal~ said...

I too, love when people are open & raw with so much on their blogs. It makes you realize you are not alone. And it makes people real, ya know?