Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A few ramblings....on a boring day!

Another week is here and started and I am already counting the hours until Friday/Saturday is here. I don’t know why, but I can’t seem to get myself motivated to do anything other than watch TV and play with my kids. I have a kitchen that needs to be cleaned, a bathroom (or two) that need scrubbing and laundry piled to the Heavens waiting to be done. However, when I get home from work and the gym at night all I want to do is sit and play or watch TV. Here’s hoping that I can get something done soon. I am going to try and take Friday off from work as I do not have any kids on Friday mornings because they spend Thursday and Friday nights at their Dad’s house. I figure if I take that day off of work and don’t have to drive anyone anywhere in the morning I may be motivated enough to get something done. In addition, my car is a mess and there is a strange smell emitting from it which I have no idea where it came from….see this is why I need a mental health day!

I have been doing a lot of Blogger surfing lately. I am trying to find new blogs to read and am finding so much interesting stuff. How do you search for new blogs? I hope that a few of the new blogs to the right here strike an interest for some of you and you will go and read what is being written there. I have read about everything from drug addicts that are fighting for recovery, to a lady who has dedicated her life to serving Christ, to a man who is trying to find purpose in life to a stay at home Mom with 5 kids. I mean the possibilities of what you are able to find in blogger-land are amazing. In addition, there are some really good writers out there (as I have said before). I have to say that lately my two favorite blogs (which are not linked to the right as I am not sure I should list them) are of a woman who just recently made a huge life changing decision to give up drugs and a bad relationship and of a homeless crack addict who is struggling to find a way out of the situation they are in. Both blogs are great and I am so grateful and inspired by reading each of these blogs because I can feel the despair and fear, but can also feel the hope and passion in the words of these blogs. To be honest, they inspire me to want to really write about what I’m passionate about, but I don’t know if anyone would want to read that…LOL.

Onto other subjects…today was a workout day with the trainer and it was good. I needed a good pounding of weights and cardio to get my head clear. Work today is kind of blah. Not a whole lot going on here. I just need to find some things to do to keep myself occupied.

I do have a warning to women out there……the new shave-less cream called Veet is evil. I bought it for my daughter and I the other day and we sat down on the side of the tub to get nice smooth skin. It burned so badly that my daughter has sores on her legs from it. In addition, my ankles are so swollen from the burns I got that it is hard to wear tennis shoes at the gym. So just a word of warning….stay away from the Veet…it may seem like a good idea…but NO.

Well, that is about all for now. Hope all is have a blessed week and I’ll be back soon.

Blessings,
Lisa

5 comments:

Annabel said...

I found some blogs I enjoy just by clicking the side bar links on other favorite blogs. Sometimes I do a search on certain words and sometimes I just do the random "next" on blogger and see what I come up with.
Two of my favorite bloggers came from us posting on the same site. If you read someone's comments, click on those links and you'll find more blogs as well.
Happy surfing!

Nicki said...

Yikes! Making a mental note to stay away from Veet.

~Crystal~ said...

Oh please write what you are passionate about. Believe people will want to read it. I want to read it!

And thanks for the Veet warning. I was thinking of trying it, but I won't now.

Shionge said...

Hey Ms.Latibug - Thanks for the update and since the girls will not be around, how about a little 'me-time' for yourself?

Apart from cleaning the house, the car - can you do a get-away or time-out with friends?

Heee..just a suggestion, anything that I thought could motivate you.

Thanks for the advice on Veet...shall avoid that.

Have a nice day tomorrow and let us know what you do on Thurs & Fri.

Charla said...

Hey there! Sorry your having such a boring day! I like just browsing through all the blogs too! It's amazing the different people you can meet on here! Thanks for the warning about Veet! I'll be sure to pass it on! Talk to ya later!
Charla
PS: I added you to my links! :)