Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Collecting Change


I have a thing for change. I love it. I know that I am probably the only person on the face of the earth that would really enjoy counting a rolling change, but I do. So much so that I just counted and rolled $60 of change that had been sitting in a drawer here at work for the last two years. In addition, I wrote a check for the change so that I can add it to my change at home. Tonight, I am going to count my change from my change bowl and see how much I have. Wouldn’t be great if I had like $100…and based on the size of my bowl…I just might…gotta get coin wrappers on the way home.

Also, I get to use tools tonight when I get home. Now around our house my spouse is not seen as the handyman that I would like him to be. About six months ago we bought a new faucet and garbage disposal for the kitchen. Guess who installed BOTH of them…yep that would be me. In addition, I have been known to wire a ceiling fan, fix a leaky faucet, and also replace whole parts of toilets etc….now I am not a handy myself, but I grew up in a home where my Dad fixed almost everything that broke…I paid attention and while I don’t consider myself a great mechanic or able to build a whole house minor home repair is OK with me. Therefore, I get to replace the lock on our mailbox. I called USPS and being the frugal government agency that they are they were going to charge me $50 to replace the lock because it is now broken…NO THANK YOU! I’ll do it myself…once I figured out that I could. I’ll let you know how that goes….

Let’s see what else is new…OH…I officially think I am having a mid-life crisis. I am headed out of town this week to go on a birthday trip with a friend and guess what…I’m getting a massage, facial and going to see ½ nekkid men on stage…yep…between that and my nose piercing I am officially headed off to have my mid-life crisis…does this mean I’ll only live to be 66?????

7 comments:

Liv said...

baby. you simply cannot have a midlife crisis. it's not allowed. well, maybe you're having a delayed reaction to your quarter life crisis?! I feel like I might still be processing the notion of crises. You enjoy that massage, but swear to me you'll refer to it like the brits do, as a MASS-sage. It will make my tired yoga body feel better to know that that's what you're getting!

Anonymous said...

What the heck does the USPS do with all this money? They need to charge fifty bucks for a lock change??????? (I might be extra annoyed by this because I was just found out about the stamp increase)

Erin said...

It's okay that you are having a mid-life crisis at 33! Hell - I feel like I have one everyday!

And about the change? I have one word for you -

Coinstar!

Then you wouldn't have to wrap them by hand :)

Anonymous said...

Lordy Lordy, half naked men? Count me in...but I'd love the massage.

We have like 80 bucks of change that needs rolling over here...I'll expect some help before we leave on vacation, thank you.

You got a nose piercing??

Anonymous said...

Whoaaaa.....a grevious error. I meant "Count me out".

I promise!!

Glad I read my comment before I left your site...geeez-us.

lioux said...

I'm a bit obssessed with change as well.

Life As I Know It said...

just came across your blog and had to comment on this post. I confess I am a change-a-holic too ;)