Saturday, March 03, 2007

Priceless


OMG as if my life couldn’t get any more crazy I now have a $1400 bill to pay in the next twelve months….for what you may ask. A new washing machine. The machine itself was not that expensive, but add on delivery, warranty and a matching dryer (come on they have to match) and you get $1400. Then yesterday afternoon our air conditioning unit starts to make some really awful noises….so I call the air place and LUCKY ME they have a tech in MY area. That is never ever a good sign.

So Mr. Beautiful teeth comes and looks at the unit…tap here tap there….crawl in my attic….well miss I hate to tell you this but your unit is about to bite the dust….Excuse me…it is only (1, 2, 3 carry the one) seven years old. I guess in AZ that is like ancient and I guess about the life of a air unit…and in AZ you can not have your air going out in the middle of April because you will be checking into the local hotel for relief from the heat.

So lucky me, they have a “special” running right now. I guess the special is that they will order and install the unit and the special part is ……you get air conditioning….wow…sign me up! Actually it was no interest no payments for a year…OK seeing as a new unit runs between $3-7 grand for the unit alone not including installation and add to that the $1400 that I already spent on new appliances I have now racked up about $5000 to $8000 worth of debt in one day….that is a new record for me…hell it is probably a record for most people.

I am thinking about sending the dryer back because the one I have is really OK, but in the sceme of things it is not really a huge part of the over all bill. I mean I think it was only $300…so I am probably going to keep it. But want to talk about a shocker last night looking at the paperwork for all the different things that have happened the last two days and think OMG I love my house, but I really really really hate home repairs.

Add to this the fact that I have a arcadia door that needs to be replaced, a termite treatment plan that needs to be updated and a daughter that wants her room redecorated. I guess about the time you think you are going to be getting ahead you just get beat down with one thing or another……

Oh well, what to do…life is life and all you can do is live it and learn and enjoy it….or not!

No comments: