Saturday, March 03, 2007

Girl Scout Cookie Time


There is a time of year in which I over indulge. It is not Christmas, Thanksgiving or New Years….it is every year when the little cookies in green boxes show up outside the shopping centers. Yes, the coveted little green boxes filled with chocolate gold. Girl Scout cookies are my favorite cookies….Then mints to be more exact. OMG, is there anything else more perfect in the world than a little thin cookie covered in chocolate.

Usually I have at least 3-4 little girls come to my house to sell cookies, but this year not one came. I waited and even hoped that at least one would come. However, nothing. Then one days last weekend as I was walking out of the grocery store I saw the Holy Grail of snacks…..a card table full of samoas, thin mints, and tagalongs….OMG I was literally in Heaven. As I dug in my purse for $20 for five boxes of the most great snacks on earth I thought about how only once a year this event comes along. How for two weeks every February we all get the lucky break of buying snacks from little girls in green uniforms asking “Would you like to buy some Girl Scout cookies?” How can you resist that?

So every year I end up with about 10 or more boxes and slowly eat (devour) them. This is the one time a year I over indulge. I usually don’t over eat during the holidays…nor do I really over eat any other time of the year….but during this time of the year I usually gain at least 2-5 lbs.

So tell me…what is your favorite cookie!

3 comments:

Shionge said...

My girl would always order one box for the family during this time and I just love the lovely tin box :)

Erin said...

There is nothing better than Samoa's! Yum! I just bought 2 boxes last week ;)

lioux said...

OMG!!!

Co-Worker Dan is a member of the Girl Scouts®!

I like the Tagalongs, myself.