Friday, July 20, 2007

Barney Purple and My 11 Year Old

My daughter has offically entred the tween years (ages 10-12) where she is not a "kid" but not a teenager. This time period has been hard for me to adjust to and while I love her to death the constant changes in attitude are starting to wear me out.

Most recently we purchased her some new linens from here --->kids bedding. It was quite cute enough and I thought the polka dot pattern we got was so cute and trendy. Apparently I was right because immediately two of her best friends bought similar bed sheet sets. Now, one of the mothers decided her daughters whole room needed a makeover. So she proceeded to paint polka dots on the walks, get new a new bed, shelving etc and I have to say that this girls room rocks. It looks like it belongs in a design magazine.

So now guess what....my daughter wants her room painted in similar way. OK, I don't have a problem with that, but she has an accountant for a mother...HELLO! I don't do creative very well. So, last night we go to buy the base color for her room....and she chooses purple...not lavendar, not violet...PURPLE. Think Barney if he looked pale....yep...that's the color.

So this weekend we will be painting her room purple....and putting polka dots on the walls...pics to follow...I hope I don't puke!

No comments: