Monday, July 09, 2007

My Last Holiday


EC over at Whatever Blows My Skirt asked a question today based on seeing this--->movie. She asked if you were given three weeks to live, what would you do with your last remaining days on this earth....and you only had the money available to you now....So I decided rather than post a comment I would post a blog entry. I know you are all waiting on pins and needles for my response...(I am delusional I know this). So here it is....

If I were given three weeks to live I would cash in my 401k and my other savings. I would take my family on a fabulous beach vacation to Bahamas or Jamaica or somewhere like that. Once there I would rent the best hotel I could afford and order a nice bottle(s) of wine and room service. Once we were all stuffed on good food and good wine we would make our way down to the beach for a nap on the sandy shore. I would also do something adventurous like sky divining, scuba diving, bungee jumping or snorkeling....something that would make my heart race and that my kids would remember in the years to come.

I would also take the time to write out cards for my kids for all the important events that I would be missing in their lives (16th birthdays, graduation, weddings, and first babies). I would do this so that they would know when these special events came around in their life that I was thinking of them and their futures. I know sounds kind of creepy, but hey....I plan on returning to haunt them from the grave anyway...evil grin ;>)

Lastly, I would try and make peace with some of these people that I have wronged in the past. My ex, my mom, my brother and whom ever else I could get a hold of in time. Mostly I would just spend time loving up on my family. I would want them to know that more than anything in this world I love them and that they are my life.

Oh and I would eat all the ice cream and candy I wanted....

What would you do?

Post a comment with a link to your blog so we can read your response!


3 comments:

Zap said...

Okay, it's done!

Where is my answer to your question? Why follow your nose...or at least click on my name above.

Zap

Erin said...

Great answers!! I totally heart the card writing idea! If I ever find out I am only living for 3 more weeks, I'm totally stealing that :)

It really is wonderful that you would want to make peace with certain people in your life - you certainly are a better woman than me!

OH and I add to my answer that I would PIG OUT like nobody's business! If I'm going to die, I'm going to do it full of onion rings, cheeseburgers, and tons of buffalo chicken fingers :)

Annabel said...

What keeps you from making peace now? You may not have time later.