Monday, February 19, 2007

Adventures in Urgent Care

Before my trip this last weekend I had to make a trip to Urgent Care. Now usually when I am not feeling well I will go ahead and live with the symptoms for a couple of days and then I will have to pretty much be convinced that I need to go to the doctor. However, there is an exception to this rule as with any rule....a bladder infection. Nothing will get me to call a doctor faster than seeing blood in my urine.....TMI?

Anyway, I woke up Friday morning the day we were to leave for our trip to horrendous pain....I mean screaming agony...OK...there will be no working today....I call in sick...call my doctor...she is out until Tuesday...but you can go to the local Urgent Care...for treatment....I'm told....

Now, I am sure every major city in America has an urgent care....if you are not familiar with these types of places allow me to describe them to you....they are the last place on earth you want to go to on a Friday morning. They are basically like a small emergency room without the emergency part thrown in. You could walk into one of these places....with your arm severed and you passing out from blood loss and they will tell you to take a number. So, the last place I wanted to be was Urgent Care, but I have a trip and I know that I will not survive if I don't get some drugs. So I wait and I wait and I wait and guess what....I wait some more....HOLY SHIT...I ever wait....3 flipping hours and guess what...another lady that was there after me got seen before I did....

I don't know how many of you have ever had to suffer from a bladder infection, but let me tell you .....they are not a walk in the park. They hurt all the time until you can at last take a little brown pill that turns your urine a florescent shade of orange...that the astronauts can see from outer space....then you find relief....but guess what...you can not take this miracle pill until....you guessed it....you pee in a cup.....try being 200th in line to pee in a damn cup....come on people....

So I finally get back to see the doctor and she insists that I have some other sort of infection, Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis….Lady I know that your day is spent picking up snotty rags and listening to old/under privileged people tell you about every ache and pain, but unless someone crawled into my bed, slept with me or my husband without our knowledge (not including the alien probes we had a few months ago…lol) I am pretty damn well certain I don’t have any of those things…..oh…but we must check…so to get 24 little white pills of Cipro to cure my bladder infection I had to endure a pap smear, a blood test and some sort of scrap of my check…I guess that want to determine if I am the mother of Anna Nicole’s baby…..

BTW…I am feeling much better!

3 comments:

Erin said...

oh man that totally sucks! I'm glad you're feeling better though!

Anonymous said...

That's horrible!

I got one at work once, sudden;y I was peeing blood. Damn it was difficult to get home. It took about two hours, I had to walk from work to the bus stop (two toilet breaks) I ended up getting a cab to the station then I had to sit on the train for 45 minutes. Thankfully I work with doctors, one of them just swiped me some antibiotics.

Another time I was on camp (leading children) it kept me awake but I didn't know if I should wake anyone else (hubby was in a cabin with another guy leader) so I sat outside in my sleeping bag.

Glad you're feeling better :)

lioux said...

I hate these types of places.

Urgent Care, my a@#!

One of my BFF's just went to have a recheck on finger he had cut pretty badly and he ended up wasting an hour to just to see the doctor and essentially spent (with his co-pay) $15.00 for a Band-Aid®™©™.