Wednesday, February 07, 2007

NO MORE BRACES

I don't know how many of you know but about a year ago I had braces put on my teeth to fix a couple of slight problem areas. Nothing to major, but enough to make me feel like I wanted to get them fixed. In addition, my daughter was getting phase one braces so I thought that it would be a good experience for the two of us to have together.

Well, yesterday was D-day so to speak. It was the day the braces came off. Now when I was bout 12 I got braces and I remember a very different experience of the braces coming off. It was painful and my teeth hurt for days after. Plus I had to wait a week to get my retainer. By the time my teeth had moved slighty enough for the retainer to give me a headache for a few more days until everything adjusted.

Being young and not wanting to really pay attention or listen to anyone I didn't wear my retainer nor did I have my wisdom teeth pulled like I should have. So my teeth shifted...thus the desire to have braces a second time.

Yesterday it was realitively painless. The most painful part was the polishing of my teeth to get all the crap off of them (glue and buildup) but other than that it was not painful. My gums are a litte sore from neglect....it is hard to floss well with braces and my teeth are a little sore today. But my teeth are so pretty.

I get my retainers tomorrow and I am so excited because I get clear retainers. They are basically like permanent invisaligns. My orthodontist has said that as long as I wear them my teeth should never shift. I am so excited and I plan on doing it this time....I can't afford not to.

Once I get a decent pic I will post me and my new (straighter) smile!

2 comments:

RubyLou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angel said...

am SOOOO jealous! My teeth are horrible. HORRIBLE! My parents never got me braces so I'm still dealing with bad teeth and a crossbite AND TMJ. Fun times. I can't wait to see your pretty smile!!!