Thursday, February 01, 2007

Brandy Sued!


So I guess Brandy is being sued by the parents of a girl that was killed in a car crash that happened at the end of December. My question to those of you who actually read this blog is do you think if it was you in a car accident would you be sued for this amount of money or is it because she is a celebrity?

I hate when I read stories about people exploiting celebrities when something bad happens in their life. They see a paycheck and figure this will be their nest egg. $50 million will not get your loved one back, and I am not even sure that it will ease your pain...but it sure as heck will buy a great house/car/etc.

Sorry just my little rant for the day!



2 comments:

Angel said...

Someone wants money... and publicity. Sorry for them that they lost someone but sueing Brandy won't bring it back.

However, I know nothing of the case or how Brandy is involved. This is the first I have heard of anything so I guess I really can't judge.

Anonymous said...

That figure is ridiculous and there's no way they will get it. There are a boatload of precedents in wrongful death suits from car accidents, and there's a formula for determining fair and reasonable compensation to the family. A major factor in determining that figure is lost income of the deceased...not the wealth of the person you're suing. It's a tragic situation for everyone involved and there's no amount of money that will bring the woman back, but get real.