Thursday, February 01, 2007

Sorting the laundry




What is it with men and sorting the laundry? You can always tell who is doing the laundry in my house by how the loads come out of the dryer. If I am doing it the loads are sorted by color (lights from dark), whites, towels, jeans and any blankets or other laundry is done in separate loads. My husband on the other hand will take the laundry and just grab an arm full and then put it all in the washer. It doesn’t matter if there are pants, white and towels all in the same load, in it goes. This drives me crazy. I mean how hard it is to sort the laundry before you put it in the washer. It takes all of about two minutes to sort it as you are taking it out of the basket.

Now, I don’t know if others out there sort your laundry, but there are several reasons for doing this:
1. It saves time. I mean it really does save time because if you are having to fold underwear and jeans and towels that is like three trips to three different parts of the house
2. NO PINK UNDIES. It may work for Sheriff Joe in Tent City, but I personally like my undies to stay white, if that is the color they came home as
3. Lint sticks…sometimes forever. If you are like me and have a husband that doesn’t sort you have probably ended up with your best pair of black slacks in the same load as white towels. No lint roller is strong enough to get that stuff off.
4. Despite what Cheer advertises….color do run and blue really likes to get into yellow’s territory……end result….ugly spotted green…

I am sure there are more, but I can’t think of them right now. If you have any others, please let me know.

2 comments:

Michael said...

I sort the laundry and no I am not gay.

Take Care
Michael

Angel said...

Hubby can do it... did it all his single years... but he isn't allowed to touch it now. Why? Because I'm a control freak and do not like how he puts the clothes in the washer BEFORE turning on the water! GAH! Run the damn water and add soap FIRST! Then the clothes.

However, I suck at doing laundry because I HATE folding it and putting it away. Sorting it and putting it in the washer is the fun part. The rest sucks... so I am lazy and my laundry piles up.