Friday, August 10, 2007

Intervention

Tonight one of my favorite shows comes on A&E….Intervention. If you have never seen it I highly recommend watching it at some point. It is basically about people who are addicted to different drugs, alcohol, sex, gaming, whatever and their friends and family do an intervention to get them to go to drug rehab. Now most of the time they end up going, but there have been a few episodes where the person did not go.

One that I can think of that I saw recently was when a lady was put on a plane with her boyfriend to go to detox in some other state. There was a lay over at an airport they were in and they just took off in that state. I mean WOW the nerve of them just taking off after their family and friends wanted to help.

I don’t know how I would react if I had to do an intervention for someone I loved, but I do know that if the time came I would do it in a heart beat.

No comments: