Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Pulse-Ox Stat

Pulse-Ox Stat

One of my favorite shows to watch in the morning or at least have on as background noise is ER. I was an avid watcher of this show when George Clooney and Anthony Edwards were regulars. However, when they killed off Dr. Greene’s character (Anthony Edwards) with brain cancer and Doug Ross (George Clooney) left his pregnant girlfriend behind to go find himself, I lost interest. Yes, Dr. Carter (Noah Wyle) was cute, yes I loved Peter Benton (Eriq La Salle) was a great actor, but with the leaving of Dr. Ross and Dr. Greene (not in the same year mind you) I left the show behind as well.

However, TNT has it playing in the mornings and I have it on as I get up. They use such long medical terms and codes that I just get lost. I need a pulse ox stat, give me a CBC, chem. 7 and a rapid urine dip….OK…I have no idea what any of that means, but the one I do know is pulse ox….which is measured by a pulse oximeter….that tells you how much oxygen you have in your blood.

Now don’t you feel smarter?

No comments: