Monday, August 20, 2007

Sunglasses

This weekend found me at the mall with my oldest daughter and a couple of friends doing some back to school shopping. We went to several stores and got lots of cute new clothes, shoes, and accessories. One of the places we stopped as we were leaving was the sunglasses store. Now I am not one to spend a whole lot of money on sunglasses because I am just too hard on them. I sit on them, I run over them with my car, I lose them in the movies etc….I just buy cheapies because I don’t want to have to worry about keeping up with them.

However, we stopped because one of the girls had a $100 gift certificate from a birthday party for this store. She wanted to get her Dad some Wiley X sunglasses. I was like OK, what does that mean? I guess he races motorbikes and these glasses are the best kind because they have like a strap that keeps them in place or whatever….$129 for a pair of sunglasses. I about fainted…..needless to say the girl didn’t get them. However, even the cheapest pair of sunglasses for a regular person like me was like $75. I mean really people I can’t be spending $75 every two weeks when I lose them or break them!

2 comments:

Karma said...

I couldn't agree more. Who wants to waste all of that money for a pair of sunglasses, only to ruin them a few days later. I, too, have screwed too many of my sunglasses to want to buy an expensive pair. You, my friend, are a smart shopper.

Claudia said...

Aiyiyi!! too much. I can't figure that out eighther.