Thursday, August 23, 2007

Memory Walk

This October I am sponsoring an event that has been near and dear to my heart for several years – Alzheimer’s Associations Memory Walk. You ask if this is a paid post and I have to say yes, but I have to say that I would sponsor anyway regardless of whether or not I was paid to do this post. Every year I give to the Alzheimer’s Association because I have had at least two people in my family diagnosed with the disease and several others that probably had the disease, but never got diagnosed properly. It is a dreadful disease that takes away loved ones minds long before their bodies are ready to leave this planet.

This year I will be sponsoring a local walker. She is local to my area and I am so proud that I can say that I know her and I know she is making a difference in regards to this disease. She was recruited by her Team Captain at work. The lady that is serving as her Team Capitan didn’t think it would be that easy to be a team leader. However, it is quite easy to sign up to be a Team Capitan just go to http://clk.atdmt.com/TGA/go/pyprpalz0030000037tga/direct/01/ and follow the links to sign up. Some of the requirements to be a Team Captain include:

  • You have to recruit at least 9 friends to participate on the team
  • You have to register your team and set fund raising goals
  • You have to coordinate team meetings, keep the team inspired and keep them updated on dates and times of important events
  • Overall have a great attitude, be an inspiration and encourage others

In order to be a Team Captain, you need to sign up early to make sure you have enough time to build your team and recruit members. You also have to design a logo for your team and you will want to give yourself plenty of time to come up with an interesting logo.

So please take a minute to visit: http://clk.atdmt.com/TGA/go/pyprpalz0030000037tga/direct/01/ to find a walk in your area. Go to the local walk website and sponsor someone you know or someone you don’t know. Even the smallest donations are greatly appreciated and bring us one step closet to helping those we love stay health in body, mind and spirit.

Thanks again!




1 comment:

Brianinmpls said...

I do the same thing in Minneapolis in memory of my Grandpa.